Slacker and Steve - Scary Surgeries (Audio)

November 1, 2016

Photo: Dmitry Kotin | Dreamstime.com

Everyone gets nervous about surgery, even if it’s a minor procedure. Well it turns out that some people are totally justified in their fear. One woman in Japan was having laser surgery when she involuntarily farted and ignited the laser, causing her to get seriously burned. While fire in the operating room is rare, crazy things can happen on the operating table. Like the story of a surgeon in Massachusetts who removed a healthy Kidney from the wrong patient after a mix up with the CT scans. Most doctors always ensure a safe, clean environment and nothing out of the ordinary happens. But, as with everything else in life, mistakes can be made often with horrible results.

 

What’s your scary surgery story?