Photo: Puwadol Jaturawutthichai | Dreamstime.com

Slacker and Steve - Freak Injury (Audio)

A 13-year-old Maryland boy survived a six-inch screw pierced into his skull during a freak accident building a treehouse. The teen fell from a branch and knocked over a wooden board, which came down on his head. The boy was life-flighted to a hospital and had an X-ray that showed the screw was lodged between the two halves of his brain. The screw nearly tore the brain’s largest channel that drains blood and other fluid from the brain. Doctors said the screw was a millimeter away from causing the teen to bleed to death. The boy had the screw stuck in his head for a total of seven hours. He had successful surgery and was discharged a few days after the incident. What's your freak injury?